The Adelaide Strikers is committed to complying with the principles set out in the Privacy Act. This policy governs our collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information.
How do we collect your personal information?
Personal information is information from which it is possible to determine your identity. Such information may include your name, postal address and email address. We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email, in an application form or through our web site (www.adelaidestrikers.com.au); and
- from third parties, such as Cricket Australia and the various other state and territory cricket associations ("Other Cricket Associations") and other third parties that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf (including ticketing agencies).
- Where possible, we collect this information from the individual concerned.
How do we use your personal information?
- verify your identity
- develop a members’ register to enable us to maintain contact with our members;
- develop a cricketers’ register to enable us to keep open lines of communication;
- develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports;
- market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by us or Other Cricket Associations or our respective corporate partners, licensees, suppliers and sponsors;
- keep you informed of news and information (such as advance notice of ticket sales) relating to cricket and other sports, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communications via various media;
- research and develop new competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports;
- research and develop new products, services and merchandise relating to cricket and other sports; and
- administer and manage our respective web sites and provide you with access to those websites.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters, publications and other communications, please contact us (our contact details are set out below).
When do we disclose your personal information?
Personal information that we collect directly from you in order to create and maintain our members’ database will not be disclosed to third parties, except to:
- companies that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf. For example, we disclose customer contact information to the organisations which fulfil purchases orders from our website;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; our insurers; and others as required or authorised by law.
- Personal information that we collect from you for purposes other than for the maintenance of our members’ database and from third parties (e.g. ticketing agencies) may be disclosed to:
- the parties referred to above;
- Cricket Australia; the various State and Territory cricket associations;
- organisations (other than State and Territory cricket associations) involved in cricket programs and initiatives in Australia; and the Australian Institute of Sport.
Health and sensitive information
In some circumstances we may collect:
- information about your health; or
- other sensitive information about you (for example, information about your racial or ethnic origin).
We may use health information about you to ensure that you have appropriate access and viewing facilities for events at Adelaide Oval. Further, we may use health information about you to ensure that cricket programs in which you participate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs you may have, and for insurance purposes. We will not disclose information about your health to third parties, except as required by law.
In addition, we may use de-identified health information and other sensitive information to carry out research, to prepare submissions to government or a government body or to plan events and activities. De-identification involves the removal of any information from a record by which you may be identified.
Accuracy of your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
We take steps to make sure that personal information is stored securely. Those steps include storing paper records in a physically secure place, and using appropriate access controls in relation to our information systems. When personal financial information is sent to us using our website, we use encryption technologies to prevent that information from being read or altered by another person while in transit.
Your access rights
Subject to some exceptions at law, you are entitled to make a request to access your personal information. You should make this request in writing. You will not be charged for lodging such a request. We will provide access by allowing you to inspect personal information, or by giving you a copy of the personal information. If your personal information is not accurate, up-to-date or complete, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is corrected.
In addition to information entered into our website, the site automatically collects two types of information. First, we may from time to time collect information relating to use of our website, such as which pages are requested and accessed and which browser software is being used. This information enables us to identify the areas of the site which are popular and tailor the site accordingly. Secondly, we make use of a web browser software feature known as "cookies" which causes the user’s web browser software to store small pieces of textual information on a user’s computer. This feature allows us to make our site more useful by appearing to remember information about a user during and between visits.
For further information about the Adelaide Strikers or South Australian Cricket Association’s use of personal information, or to request access to the information we might hold about you, please contact the Adelaide Strikers General Manager – Marketing and Membership on (08) 8300 3800; or write to us at Adelaide Strikers, Adelaide Oval, War Memorial Drive, North Adelaide, 5006; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright and Trade Marks
Unless otherwise indicated, all copyright in the content and design of this website is owned or licensed to the Adelaide Strikers. You may make a temporary copy of part or all of this website on your computer for the sole purpose of viewing it, but you may not, in any form or by any means, otherwise copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, store, distribute, display, perform or transmit its contents, except with the prior written consent of the Adelaide Strikers or as permitted by applicable copyright legislation.
This website includes registered and unregistered trademarks of the Adelaide Strikers and various third parties. You may not use these trademarks without the prior written consent of the owner of the relevant trade mark.
The Adelaide Strikers shall not be responsible for the content of any other site accessed through this site. Links to third party websites are provided for convenience only. Except where otherwise indicated, the Adelaide Strikers does not control, endorse, sponsor or approve any third party website or the business, activities or any products offered by any third party websites.
Limitation of Liability
The Adelaide Strikers endeavours to take care to ensure the accuracy of the information displayed on this site. However, it does not guarantee that the information is complete, correct or up to date. The information is subject to change without notice.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- the Adelaide Strikers excludes liability to any person for loss or damage arising (whether in tort, equity, under statute or otherwise at law) from or in connection with the use of this website or its contents (services); and
- where any implied statutory warranty may not be excluded, the liability of the Adelaide Strikers is limited (at the election of the Adelaide Strikers) to:
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
The Adelaide Strikers are a division of the South Australian Cricket Association ABN 94 694 912 780, and all references, rights, obligations and warranties include the South Australian Cricket Association. Any reference to the Adelaide Strikers is interchangeable with the South Australian Cricket Association.