2018/2019 ADELAIDE STRIKERS NICKELODEON LAND/SEA WORLD PROMOTION
1. Participants and compliance with terms.
- 1.1 For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- (a) Adelaide Oval means Adelaide Oval, War Memorial Drive, North Adelaide, SA 5006.
- (b) Adelaide Strikers means the men’s twenty20 cricket teams named the “Adelaide Strikers” which competes in the Competition.
- (c) Competition means the men’s cricket competition officially sanctioned by Cricket Australia known as the “KFC T20 Big Bash League”.
- (d) Cricket Australia means Cricket Australia (ABN 53 006 089 130) of 60 Jolimont Street, Jolimont, VIC 3002.
- (e) Eligible Member means a 2018/2019 Adelaide Strikers member, who as part of their membership has access to one or more of Adelaide Strikers’ Home Games, and is at least six (6) years of age.
- (f) Home Game means any match of the 2018/2019 Competition which is designated as a “Home Game” on the Adelaide Strikers’ schedule and which is scheduled to be played at Adelaide Oval (as at the date of the publication of these Terms and Conditions).
- (g) Prize Supplier means Nickelodeon Australia Management Pty Ltd (ACN 071 493 340)
- 1.2 The following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply for the Adelaide Strikers Nickelodeon Land/Sea World promotion (Promotion).
- 1.3 The promoter is the South Australian Cricket Association Limited (ABN 44 623 135 393) of Level 2, Riverbank Stand, Adelaide Oval, War Memorial Drive, North Adelaide, SA 5006 (Promoter).
- 1.4 The Promotion period commences on Tuesday, 4th December at 5.00pm (CDST) and concludes at midnight (CDST) on Monday, 17th December 2018 (Registration Period).
- 1.5 Each person who is an Eligible Member as at the end of the Registration Period and who is a resident of Australia and otherwise complies with these Terms and Conditions (Entrant) will be automatically entered as an entrant into the Promotion (Registration Process).
- 1.6 Entries of all Entrants will be deemed accepted once the Registration Process is completed.
- 1.7 Persons who become Eligible Members after the Registration Period will not be Entrants in the Promotion.
- 1.8 The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected, incomplete, incorrect or incomprehensive applications to become Eligible Members and therefore, Entrants in the Promotion.
- 1.9 The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entrants and disqualify any Entrant who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
- 1.10 Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, the Prize Supplier and its agencies associated with this Promotion, along with Sea World Resort & Water Park, are ineligible to enter. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, “immediate family” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- 1.11 Information on how to enter the Promotion, the Prize and other details contained within promotional advertisements form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.12 It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions.
3. How to win the Prize
- 3.1 On 19 December 2018 at 12:00 pm (CDST) a random electronic draw will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter at Adlab, 87 Kensington Road, Norwood South Australia (Draw Location) to select one (1) Entrant to win the Prize (Prize Draw). The Promotion is a game of chance and all Entrants have an equal and random chance of being drawn as the Prize winner.
- 3.2 If the Prize is not claimed by the winning Entrant by 12.00pm (CDST) on 21 January 2019, or a “winning” entry is deemed invalid in accordance with clause 4.3 below, a redraw will be conducted on that date and time at the Draw Location by a representative of the Promoter from the remaining Entrants to the Promotion, subject to any directions from any South Australian government authority (Redraw).
- 3.3 The Promoter’s determination in respect of the use of its reasonable endeavours to contact the winning Entrant and any decision to conduct a Redraw shall be at the Promoter’s absolute discretion, with the Promoter’s decision being final and no correspondence being entered into
- 3.4 The Redraw winner, if any, will be notified in accordance with clause 4.1 below.
4. Notification of winner
- 4.1 The winner of the Prize will be notified by phone call and email within 48 hours of the Prize Draw. The winner's name will be published on the Promoter's website (www.adelaidestrikers.com.au) within 7 days of the Prize Draw and will remain on the website for a minimum of twenty eight (28) days. The winner will also be announced and their details published via the Promoter's social and digital media channels on www.facebook.com/adelaidestrikers.
- 4.2 The Promoter's decision on the Promotion winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 4.3 The Promoter may in its absolute discretion deem the “winning” entry invalid subsequent to the winner being notified or the winner’s name being announced if it is discovered that the winner did not enter the Promotion in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and/or the winner and/or their parent or legal guardian does not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. In those circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a Redraw in accordance with clause 3.2 above. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
5. Other terms
- 5.1 It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize.
- 5.2 The winner and/or their parent or legal guardian consent to the Promoter using the winner’s and/or their parent or legal guardian’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any broadcast, print media, point of sale material, newsletters and other media for an unlimited period without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting the Promoter.
- 5.3 The Promoter may require the winner and/or their parent or legal guardian to partake in media exposure, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing and publicity without any further reference, payment or other compensation.
- 5.4 By entering the Promotion, and by redeeming the Prize, the winner and/or their parent or legal guardian and travelling companions acknowledge and accept that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the Prize are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter, Cricket Australia and its prize suppliers (including but not limited to Sea World Resort & Water Park) are not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner and their travelling companions are travelling. It is the responsibility of the Prize winner and/or their parent or legal guardian and travelling companions to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter and Cricket Australia do not guarantee that the winner and their travelling companions will enjoy the Prize or be suited to the type of Prize that is offered.
- 5.5 No compensation will be payable if, for any reason, any of the winner and their travelling companions are unable to use the Prize as stated.
- 5.6 As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner and/or their parent or legal guardian and travelling companions may be required to sign legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers (including but not limited to Sea World Resort & Water Park) in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- 5.7 In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion within the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it on such conditions as the Promoter requires, subject to any relevant legislation.
- 5.8 Subject always to privacy legislation, the Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information either caused by programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- 5.9 The Promoter (its associated agencies and companies) and Cricket Australia and the prize suppliers (including but not limited to Sea World Resort & Water Park) will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, death, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur in the implementation of this Promotion or with the redemption of the Prize.
- 5.10 The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including a person's identity, age and place of residence). Identification, age, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- 5.11 The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who it has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- 5.12 If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- 5.13 Except for any liability that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees (as defined below) or other applicable law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, death or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; any tax liability incurred by any Entrant; any part of the Prize; or redemption or use of the Prize.
- 5.14 In these Terms and Conditions, Consumer Guarantees means the consumer guarantees which apply to the supply of products or services under the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as amended from time to time, or other similar legislation of a state or territory of Australia.
- 5.15 To the extent permitted by law, Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter and each of its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees and to keep them indemnified, against all loss, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses (including legal fees on a solicitor and own client basis), claims and damages arising from any breach by the Entrant, the winner and/or their parent or legal guardian and/or their travelling companions of these Terms and Conditions and any award, acceptance, use of or participation in, any component of a Prize, including any personal injury suffered by the winner and their travelling companions in redeeming and using the Prize.
- 5.16 The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding on every Entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 5.18 The conduct of the Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of South Australia. By submitting an entry, the Entrant submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia.
- 5.19 The Promoter reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. The latest version of these Terms and Conditions can be viewed at www.adelaidestrikers.com.au.